Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lenten Observations 2012


Well, I guess I am desperate. It has been one week since I gave Facebook up for Lent and I am having severe withdrawal. I love to write, I have to write and FB was where I took this obsession. Without it, I have only one other choice....the blog. I haven't written on this much in the past couple of years. Actually, the last was our trip through the south on a pilgrimage tour of the early spring.

So, what has happened in the week since Lent began? Well, first off....Tom fixed the broken grout in our kitchen floor, but the grout mix didn't match the original. We thought we had an exact match.....the only thing that will make this grout match the original is if we invite people to walk into the kitchen with the dirtiest feet possible. As a FYI for anyone having to match grout with the original....invite your friends to come in and NOT wipe their feet or take off their shoes....that is what we are about ready to do!!!!

Then, there was the wedding book I tried to make on Snapfish. Worked all afternoon on the photo book, saved it and sent the proof out to my daughter, my daughter-in-law and my sister-in-law. I did hear from my daughter. When I went to find the saved copy.....it is not there! I am not quite sure what happened, but according to my daughter, I need to wait until I can upload the CD from the photographer... seems I had two or three low density pics in the original. Not that it makes any difference....can't find the original!!!!

Then, the Oh Craps of all Oh Craps.....I am knitting a ruffled scarf. When you are finished, there are 1,260 stitches on the needle. I was FOUR ROWS from being done, and the damn needle broke. It was a circular needle with aluminum for the points and nylon for the rest. The place where the nylon meets the aluminum broke! Thank God it is the Lenten season! I didn't use the forbidden word one time!!!!

So, tonight I went to Wednesday evening Lenten services. I was told that I should seek the face of God in everyone I meet, in all situations I face. I am still trying to work this one out. I can hear God laughing.....Becki didn't cuss when she lost her photos.....Becki didn't REALLY cuss when she lost her stitches....


This is week one of Lent. Should I be thankful that this is the only challenge I have faced, or fearful that God is testing me and situations will get worse? I guess time will tell......


No comments: